Peter Lyons & Associates is a consulting firm specialising in building energy efficiency, located in Canberra, Australia.
With our local and overseas partners we offer:
» Expert guidance for the window industry, engineers, building designers and architects.
We assist you in:
Extensive information on our services is offered below.
- Australian Fenestration Rating Council (AFRC) accredited training for window modelling using Berkeley Lab WINDOW 6/7, THERM 6/7 and Optics 6.0.
This training meets the requirements of the Australian Fenestration Rating Council.
After completion of a 3-day training course and 'take-home exam', AFRC Certified Simulator status is awarded. Contact us for more information on dates and cost;
- Selecting products based on U-value, solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) and visible transmittance;
- Evaluating those difficult trade-offs between window size and performance;
- Finding solutions for National Construction Code / Building Code of Australia (BCA) and BASIX (NSW) requirements - residential and commercial;
- Exceeding mere compliance with building codes, giving your product or client an inherent advantage over competitors.
» Specialised design development advice regarding:
- Optimised design development of glazing systems, frames, spacers;
- Thermal comfort impact of windows;
- Design of product for daylight and visual comfort;
- Passive solar design for all climates using 21st-century materials;
- Ways to minimise fading of interior furnishings;
- Ways to minimise thermal bridging;
- Provision of spectral data for new glass products and window shading materials (compatible with International Glazing Database, WINDOW 6/7, Complex Glazing Database (CGDB) and WIS [Europe]).
» Accredited, simulation-based energy ratings for windows, skylights and glazed doors:
- Energy Rating reports for products and systems of any size (NFRC 100-2014 conditions)
- Reported indices include:
U-value, SHGC, VT, Condensation Resistance, Air Infiltration (subject to supply of NATA report)
» Full window-system modelling including:
- Modelling of shading, blinds, attachments and accessories;
- Comparative evaluation of dynamic windows – blinds, shades, switchable windows.
Our modelling and evaluation utilise:
- WINDOW 6, THERM 6, Optics 6;
- Optics 6 facilitates the cost-effective creation of laminates without the need for expensive physical testing.
» Accredited building energy ratings
National Construction Code (BCA)-approved, performance-based assessment for non-residential buildings, using:
Contact us for more information.
« TOP »